Monday, July 27, 2009

Thin, dry, damaged hair - what is the best treatment?

I've got really thin, dry, damaged hair that is just below shoulder length. My friends tell me they like it this length so cutting it is nor an option (and I don't have split ends). I have to blow dry everyday because when just dried naturally, it's flat and kind of clumps up together. But usually by the end of the day, my hair looks dead and clumped up together anyways. I shampoo and condition it everyday but it doesn't seem to work. I don't have alot of hair on my head to make it look thick either. My hair is naturally straight and will not curl or be permed. It just keeps going back to being straight. Any suggestions would be welcomed!!!



Thin, dry, damaged hair - what is the best treatment?

I also have straight hair that dries naturally flat to my head. It's not attractive AT ALL! However, my hair is pretty healthy now. I've had serverly damaged hair in the past though. Try washing your hair every 3 days. This helps a lot. Also, don't damage your hair further with blow drying it everyday! If you MUST blow dry your hair, make sure you set it on the cool setting because heat is very damaging to your already parched hair. Definitely use a leave-in-conditioner after washing and conditioning your hair too. Nexxus has a really good leave-in-conditioner that also protects hair from environmental damage and HEAT STYLING! I also use Nexxus conditioner right now and it's working very well. Diametress Shampoo by Nexxus also works really well in adding volume! I've definitely noticed an improvement. I would also recommend Matrix Root Lifter and Big Sexy Hair Root Lifter. Both work wonderfully! I've tried a million products on my flat hair. These two work the best! Also, try big rollers that are meant to add volume. I usually spray the root lifter in my hair, put the rollers in, and then I'll blast the roots with the hair dryer. This adds tons of volume and lasts all day! Good luck! Hope this helps!



-Ash-



Thin, dry, damaged hair - what is the best treatment?

You should try going to a salon and getting a heat/protein treatment, that would help fortify and strengthen you hair. Also about once a week you could take and get a real thick deep conditioner, put it on your hair and let it soak for 1/2 hour or so. Just watch using a real heavy daily conditioner, as this will weigh your hair down and make it less workable, I would get a light volumizing shampoo and conditioner for everyday use, with a root lifter for styling.



Thin, dry, damaged hair - what is the best treatment?

Wow I'm not the only one! Don't shampoo everyday! every other day, but always condition, especially ends of hair.



Go to your salon and have them put on a conditoner, where they put you under the dryer. When drying your hair, use a protective lotion, gel etc. This way you will get body, but will not damage your hair. Make sure your hair is not dripping wet, when you blowdry! Use a brush with ceramic tube/ion, don't put blowdrier to close to hair. Finish with a Hairspray that blocks humidty, that way your style will hold through the day!



Thin, dry, damaged hair - what is the best treatment?

check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:-- Dry hair / Oily hair/ Splitends / Fruit Packs for scalp



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2006/08/natur...



Thin, dry, damaged hair - what is the best treatment?

When it comes to having beautiful, full hair my best answer would be henna. Make sure you don't use lemon or lime juice in your recipe when you make the henna as they can cause your hair to break if it's already weak. Rain water is usually acidic enough to get a nice colour out of the henna as well and won't harm your hair further. Try using the henna as often as you can it should thicken your hair and keep it healthy. If you don't want the red of the henna you may want to look for "neutral" or "colourless" henna. It will do as nice a job for your hair but without the colour. With the neutral henna you just have to mix it with tap water, this should be used as often as possible. If there are any skin problems on your scalp the henna or neutral henna will both help fight it. The last idea I have would be to take coconut oil and massage your head with it every night. Make sure when you're washing out the oil you're using a gentle shampoo, even better a henna shampoo. I wish you luck.



Thin, dry, damaged hair - what is the best treatment?

You do not have bad hair. I am a stylist and it seems that your hair should be in good condition, however your hair strands seem to be under hydrated. Even though you shampoo your hair everyday, remember that it閳ユ獨 not about how much you wash your hair, but about what you wash your hair with. You can have fast growing, long and thick hair, but you have to attack your hair issue from the inside and the outside of your body. If you want to stimulate your hair growth and make sure that it is not dry and dull by the end of the day, then you need to try this home remedy at least 2-3 times per week prior to shampooing:



Tip #1 Simply whip up 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise and 1 egg. Let it remain on your hair for at least an hour. It will tame and soften your hair and SUPER hydrate your hair. Also, it will strengthen your roots and strands.



Tip # 2 Reduce the amount of heat and chemicals you apply to your hair. I know you said that this is an issue for you; however, I have a product that will enable you to apply less heat to your hair.



Tip # 3 I suggest you buy a salon quality shampoo and conditioner. The best one that I have found, that works for all hair types to hydrate and rejuvenate damaged hair, and works on all my clients, is GodHead Vanilla Milkshake Silky Smooth Hydrating Shampoo and A Double Portion Super Hair Growth Conditioner. It has aloe vera, rosemary, neem, and a host of other goodies for your hair that make it grow long and fast and stay moisturized throughout the day. Your hair will no longer break, shed or be unruly and unmanageable. You can get them both online at www.discoverb4a.com. Most of my clients that used A Double Portion had 1 to 2 inches of growth every month.



Tip # 4 Most importantly, remember to eat a high protein diet, drink water, and stay away from hair coloring, junk food, and chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment