Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brazilian Keratin vs. Japanese Hair Straightening?

I've heard that two really good professional hair straightening processes are the Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment and the Japanese Thermal Reconditioning Treatment. Both are supposed to make your hair shiny, straight, and smooth. The Brazilian one isn't as permanent, but it doesn't use harsh chemicals so it doesn't damage your hair as badly.



Has anybody gotten either of these treatments done and can attest to their effectiveness? I have thick, curly hair and it takes me about 45 minutes or so to straighten with an iron. I really want to get it professionally taken care of but I'm worried! These treatments sound too good to be true...



Brazilian Keratin vs. Japanese Hair Straightening?

I have unbelievably thick and curly hair and I had the Japanese hair straightening treatment done and worked beautifully. My user pic shows the result. You wouldn't even be able to believe that my hair is naturally curly.



It used to take me 45 minutes to blow dry and then 30 mins to straighten (and I have the $300 Evolution hair dryer from Sephora, a $150 CHI flat iron, and every top of the line hair product you could dream of) and it STILL took that long to straighten it. Plus the fact that it fried the ends of my hair.



Now, I hardly need any hair products, and still use a blow dryer if I choose not air dry it. But basically I can step out of the shower with my hair pin straight and it dries straight. It's amazing!!!!! And if it's cold out and I really want my hair dry and warm, blow drying takes 7 mins (I've timed it).



The chemical treatment took 4 hours and it cost me $400 ($480 with the tip) and I go to get it done every 8 months. The time it has saved me is incredible and also, ever notice how when you want to get dressed up and get your hair done it's a big pain in the *** because you want the hair to look smooth and have nice smooth barrel curls rather than the frizzy natural ones + gel. And with this hair, getting an updo takes no time (as I just recently experienced at my sorority's winter formal).



The treatments do sound awesome, because they ARE. I can't speak for a Brazillian one, but I will say that I was very skeptical about getting the treatment done until a girl in my sorority got it done and the results were sooooo perfect! I went to her stylist and got it done myself. It's definitely worth the money. It saves you money from having to buy tons of hair products to tame curls and to try to make the mane look less thick, and it saves you HOURS upon hours of your life trying to straighten it to look nice, and it saves your hair from being damaged by heat constantly.



Edit: PLUS, you don't have to worry about humid or rainy days! because even if your hair gets wet there won't be any frizz or curls reappearing (a fear I always had on days I had spent straightening it and then it started to rain. first thought was always: oh god, what am I going to do with my hair). The hair dictates our lives when it's thick and curly! When it's straight I've realized I don't have to worry about it!



=)



I definitely encourage you to go for it. If you have any other questions you can always email me! Good luck!



Brazilian Keratin vs. Japanese Hair Straightening?

Get a better hair straightener. Chemical treatments are damaging, permanent or not. Try the new Sedu Revolution with nano silver technology. While my hair does not take long to straighten, people who used to take 45-90 minutes on their hair only take 15 minutes using it.



But, if you must go with chemicals, I'd go with the Brazilian one just because it is not permanent and does not use harsh chemicals as the Japanese one. You should consult a professional in both treatment areas and chose from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment